When we read books or articles on “how to reach our goals”, we are generally told that to be successful, we must define specific goals and that we must view them regularly to maintain our motivation. That is true. We must indeed have specific objectives and we must maintain our motivation if we want to succeed. However, it is not enough. We must also ensure that the actions we take every day and the efforts we provide effectively bring us closer to our objectives.
So how do we make sure that we are advancing each day as efficiently as possible towards our goals?
Here are simple steps involved to make sure, your goals are well achieved:
Developing a mental focus to achieve your goals
Improving your concentration can help you achieve your goals and dreams, but also help you become a more focused person. If you want to improve your concentration, the first thing to do is to improve your attention and learn to avoid distractions.
How to improve your concentration?
Each person can have a more or less long “attention span”, but be aware that this duration can be improved over time. To do this, give yourself a little time, e.g, only 30 minutes to focus on a single task only. Then see how much extra time you can stay concentrated before you actually stop. You will realize that you are able to concentrate on that single task for much longer than you thought. The next day, try to stay focused on the same task longer.
“Focus your thoughts on the particular thing that interests you most, and ideas will come in abundance and open the door to a dozen ways to reach your goal.” “
– Robert Collier
11 tips to develop your attention and your brain’s capacity for better concentration:
- Meditation improves your concentration. When you meditate, you concentrate on clearing your head and centering on your body and your breathing. Mediation is not just an ideal way to relax, but If you can meditate for just 10 to 20 minutes each day, you will gradually increase your brain’s ability to focus.
- Reading is another great way to improve your attention. Try to read a book ar article without break and gradually increase your reading stamina by reading a little more each time. Being able to focus on what’s in front of your eyes will facilitate you learn to keep centered more on your goals.
- Make a list of things to do. Making a list of things to do every day so will help you better focus on the tasks you need to accomplish. Having a concrete list makes you feel better guided to achieve your goals.
- Focus on your priorities. Remember to do the most mind-challenging or difficult tasks at the start of a day, when you are still full of energy and motivation. Do not delay the most difficult task for the end of the day, do not indulge in procrastination and do not put it off until tomorrow.
- Keep an organized space so you can focus. Having an organized workspace will save you precious time when you need to do something. In addition, it will keep you extra motivated to do your job.
- Time management is an important part of staying focused. This will give you an idea of what your day will look like. When you start a new day, write down a to-do list and estimate how much time you think it will take to complete this task.
- Reward yourself by taking breaks. Taking breaks is just as important as tackling one task at a time. Take a short break each time you need to check something else that isn’t on your to-do list.
- Avoid online distractions. The Internet can be full of interesting and useful information, but when it comes to doing your job it can be a huge waste of time. If you really want to do your job, avoid social media to chat with your friends all day.
- Don’t let others keep you from achieving your goals. While it may be tempting to chat while you are supposed to be working, it will slow you down and you will have to work longer.
- Motivation is a very important ingredient for better concentration. If you want to avoid distractions and want to focus more, the best way is to stay motivated. Think about the very importance of your job, you’re personal benefits and the fun things that await you once the job is done.
- Caring for your body helps a lot in building your brain capacity. Exercising regularly and eating a balanced diet will help improve your concentration.
5 Billionaires Who Still Drive Cheap Cars